Solar Eclipse Weekend at Wickliffe Mounds featuring the Chickasaw Nation Dancers
• Saturday, August 19, see performances of the Chickasaw Nation Dancers at 10:30 a.m. and at 2:00 p.m. Experience traditional Chickasaw stomp dancing, regalia and cultural demonstrations. • Food concessions by Grace United Methodist Church of LaCenter and Ballard County Boy Scout Troop 66 and other vendors available from 10:00 to 3:00.
• Sunday, August 20, enjoy music at the park by the JammerZ from 1:00 to 3:00, vendors available and guided tours of the museum from 10:00 to 3:00.
• Monday, August 21, view this historic event, the Eclipse of the Sun, amid the ancient mounds at Wickliffe. Be in position by 12:45, Eclipse begins around 1:00 p.m. Food concessions by Grace United Methodist Church of LaCenter and other vendors available from 10:00 to 3:00.
• Tickets sold at the gate: Adults and kids age 12+ each – 1 day $5; 2 days $9; 3 days $12. Kids age 11 and under are free. Packages available for 3 day admission, $25 per person, and includes an Eclipse T-shirt, eclipse souvenir and viewing glasses.
• Eclipse souvenirs, T-shirts, viewing glasses are available for sale in the gift shop.
• Sponsored in part by the First Community Bank of the Heartland, Biggs Insurance, Ballard County Economic Development Corporation, W.A.V.E., Waldon's Lodge, and Kentucky Great River Region Organization.
More information about Eclipse events in the Kentucky Great River Road Region can be found at http://kygrro.org/eclipse/
(Please note: during August 19-21 only, we will not honor buy one get one free coupons or any other coupons.)