DAWKINS LINE RAIL TRAIL REGULATIONS - Please respect adjoining private property. Trails are managed as part of the natural environment. Visitors must be prepared to meet and accept nature on its own terms. Please stay on designated trail. Trail is open from sunrise to sunset. Do not hike, bike, or horse ride alone. Proper footwear recommended. Help preserve the trail’s natural resources.
The following activities are prohibited:
- MOTORIZED VEHICLES.
- Rappelling and rock climbing.
- Hunting or disturbing wildlife.
- Collecting or digging for artifacts.
- Picking flowers or harming plants.
- Carving or damaging rocks & trees.
- Pets allowed on leash only.
- Be considerate of all user groups.
- Keep trail clean & safe for everyone.
- Pack out what you pack in, including cigarette butts.
- Horseback riders should dismount and lead horses across bridges and trestles.
- Walking is the only acceptable gait for horses.
- Helmets are not required for bicyclists and equestrians, but are strongly recommended.
- All horses brought onto Dawkins Line Rail Trail shall test negative to a USDA approved test for Equine Infectious Anemia (EIA) within the previous 12 months & a copy of this test shall accompany the animal.
- Call 911 for emergency assistance.