Lodging & Camping
This beautiful fieldstone lodge offers 28 rooms with full amenities.
Each room features a private balcony or patio overlooking the surrounding woodlands. Rooms available by late afternoon. Lodge room check-out by 11:00am, local time. A limited number of lodge rooms will be available for pets. High speed wireless internet service available at the lodge.
Click here for reservation information.
Tierney's Cavern Restaurant honors our most popular attraction, the caves and retired park Naturalist John Tierney. The restaurant seats 100 and accompanying the new name is a new menu that offers many appetizing selections.
As a supporter of Kentucky Proud program we utilize locally grown meats and produce when available. Our staff provides a friendly, warm atmosphere while giving professional service.
+ / - Regular Hours
Dates: March 9 - November 14
Sunday - Thursday, 7:00am to 8:00pm
Friday and Saturday, 7:00am to 9:00pm
Friday and Saturday night buffets.
Sunday lunch buffet 11:30am to 3:00pm.
+ / - Off Season Hours
Dates: November 15 - March 8
Sunday - 7:00am to 3:00pm (Lunch buffet 11:30am to 3:00pm)
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - Closed
Thursday - 5:00pm to 8:00pm
Friday - 7:00am to 8:00pm
Saturday - 7:00am to 8:00pm
* Friday and Saturday night buffets will resume April 3rd.
Lunch and Dinner Menu
The Carter County region has the highest concentration of caves to be found in any area of Kentucky. Two of the park’s caves offer guided tours year-round, Cascade Cave and X-Cave. Enjoy a subterranean adventure, created by nature over millions of years. Click here for additional cave tour information.
Fall Tour Dates
September 8 - November 1, 2015
Early Winter Tour Dates
November 2 - November 29, 2015
Winter Tour Dates
November 30, 2015 - March 31, 2016
Through the dedicated work of our state park naturalists, Kentucky State Parks protect and preserve the natural beauty of Kentucky.
Check out Carter Cave's Facebook page for more information.
Experienced rappellers and rock climbers can now self-guide their adventure activities. The location consists of a nice sandstone cliffline which provides a great 30–40 foot rappel or climb.
• Rappelling and climbing are permitted in this designated area only.
• Rappelling and climbing by permit only. (Permits to be completed at the front desk of the lodge.)
• Rappelling and top rope climbing are permitted.
• Sport routes or traditional climbing are not permitted.
• Setting bolts is not permitted.
• Rappellers and climbers must use pre-existing installed anchors for rigging.
• Trees may be used only as access line anchors to reach pre-existing installed bolts.
• Rope pads must be used when rigging trees.
• You may not rappel or climb on tree anchors.
• No rappelling or climbing alone.
• Area open during daylight hours only.
• You must return your permit after you leave the area.