1. Start by entering the arrival date, the number of nights, the number of rooms, and the number of persons in the room(s).
2. If you have a user ID already established for one park, it will work for all parks and will keep you from having to enter the name, address, phone number, e-mail address and potentially the credit card information. You may then enter your ID in the "UserID" and "Last Name" fields. If you do not have an ID, you may establish one at the end of the reservation process. If you have a promotional rate code, that code should be entered into the Corporate/Travel Agent ID field.
3. Then click on "Display Room Rates". If you're interested in potential package offerings, click on "Display Packages". If the system advances to the next screen, rates or packages, that's an indication that the park does have some availability.
4. Then select the proper rate or package and click on "Continue".
5. The next screen displays the room and/or cottage types that are available for your chosen dates and the rate for each accommodations. Select your desired room type and then click on "Start Reservation Process". From this point, you have 15 minutes to complete the transaction or the system will time out.
6 Please review the policies page. You must click on "I Agree" in order to continue.
7. Enter the GIFT CARD number in the "Comments/Special Request" section if you would like to apply charges to a gift card upon arrival. Please note that a credit card is still required to process the reservation.
8. You should then verify the room type, arrival and departure dates. If no user ID was entered earlier, all fields that are in blue must be completed. When the credit card is entered, you have the option of saving the number for future bookings. If the number already appears as a result of it being entered for the user ID, you must verify that this card number should be used for the new reservation or you must enter another. At this point you have the opportunity to set up a user ID and password for future use. The password will only be needed in the event you need to make some changes to your profile, like modifying the address or changing the credit card information. This information can be accessed by clicking on the "My Account" tab, then entering your UserID and password.
Then click "Yes" to complete the reservation. At this point, the system should return a confirmation number and a notice that a confirmation will follow.
NOTE: If you don’t get a confirmation number, your reservation has not been made. Typically this is because a required field hasn’t been completed or the credit card number was incorrectly entered. In those cases there will be an error message at the top of the page that will indicate the cause of the problem. You should be able to address the problem and again click “Yes” at the bottom of the page to get the confirmation number. If you cannot do anything to complete the process and get the confirmation, please call the park so that they may make the reservation for you.
Please be advised that the Kentucky Department of Parks requires a valid credit card when making a reservation in order to guarantee late arrival. If you do not wish to give a valid credit card number when making a reservation, a deposit equal to one night's room and tax will be required. If this deposit is not received by the park within seven days of making the reservation, that reservation will be cancelled by the park.
Cancellations: Should you need to cancel a reservation, please contact the park directly. Any reservations cancelled within 48 hours prior to arrival are subject to a cancellation fee equal to one night's room and tax. This will be charged to the credit card used to guarantee the reservation.
For a reservation during the 2017 solar eclipse the first night is due when the reservation is made and is non-refundable. All reservations for this special event require a two night minimum. The second night charges will be placed on the credit card 60 days prior to the event. All reservations not paid in full 60 days prior to the event will be subject to cancellation.
If you need to cancel, contact the park directly within 60 days prior to arrival. You will be charged a fee equal to one night's room and tax. This will be charged to the credit card used to guarantee the reservation.