Kentucky State Park's Improvements
Beginning in 2016, Kentucky State Parks initiated several park improvement projects as part of the “Refreshing the Finest” and “Restoring the Finest” campaigns that came about as a result of additional funding from the General Assembly.
Here are some of the projects that have been completed:
- Barren River Lake State Resort Park: Cottage interiors painted, Lodge concrete walkways repaired, Lodge electrical service upgraded.
- Big Bone Lick State Historic Site: Campground bathhouse upgraded, diorama renovated.
- Blue Licks Battlefield State Resort Park: Community pool repaired.
- Buckhorn Lake State Resort Park: Roof replaced, Lodge exterior repairs.
- Carter Caves State Resort Park: Lodge painted, balcony repairs, meeting rooms upgraded; Cave railing and electric upgraded.
- Cumberland Falls State Resort Park: Falls overlook and railing repair, new lodge roof, community pool repaired, cabin exteriors painted and interior upgrades.
- Dale Hollow Lake State Resort Park: Lodge exterior painted; Conference center upgrades, Utility upgrades; Residences converted to cottages.
- Fort Boonesborough State Park: Campground bathhouse renovated.
- General Butler State Resort Park: Conference center painted; Lodge painted, railing, roof and stairs repaired; Lobby upgrades.
- Greenbo Lake State Resort Park: Lodge renovation, painting and repairs. Campground expansion.
- Green River Lake State Park: Campground electric upgraded.
- Jenny Wiley State Resort Park: Lodge exterior painted and repaired, pool repairs.
- Kenlake State Resort Park: Lodge exterior painted and roof repairs; Tennis Center exterior repairs and painted.
- Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park: Lodge exterior, rail and concrete repairs; conference center finishes upgraded; Village Green floor and exterior repairs.
- Kincaid Lake State Park: Shelter and pool house repairs and new roof.
- Lake Barkley State Resort Park: Conference Center exterior and roof repairs and upgrades; Fitness center repairs; new golf carts.
- Lake Cumberland State Resort Park: Lodge exterior painted, concrete walks repaired; Convention center siding repaired, exterior painted and concrete walkways repaired.
- My Old Kentucky Home State Park: Campground electric upgraded.
- Natural Bridge State Resort Park: Public restroom upgrades and repairs; Electric system upgrade.
- Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park: Cottages painted and repaired; lodge pool repaired;
- Pine Mountain State Resort Park: Pool repaired; Lodge roof replaced, Lodge and conference center exterior repaired; Cabins painted and new roofs.
- Rough River Dam State Resort Park: Marina re-located for year-round use; Lodge and conference center exterior repaired; Pool repairs.
- Taylorsville Lake State Park: Wastewater treatment improvements.
- Waveland State Historic Site: Utility improvements.
- Campground upgrades at these parks: Natural Bridge, Fort Boonesborough, Big Bone Lick, My Old Kentucky Home, General Butler, Lake Malone, Green River Lake, Carr Creek, Cumberland Falls, Greenbo Lake.
More parks projects are underway or in the planning stages. Be on the lookout for updates at the parks or on this page.