Check out photos from the Google Trekker during their visit to Carter Caves State Resort Park.
Lodging & Camping
- This beautiful fieldstone lodge offers 28 rooms with full amenities. Each room features a private balcony or patio overlooking the surrounding woodlands. Rooms available by late afternoon. Lodge room check-out by 11:00am, local time. We are now pet friendly! No more than two pets are allowed per room/cottage. Click here to review our pet policy. High speed wireless internet service available at the lodge.
ALERT: Reservations for the Equestrian Campground are accepted ONLY by contacting the Carter Caves State Resort Park Campground directly at 606-286-4411. Select option 4 for the campground. Online reservations or calls to ReserveAmerica are not available for the Equestrian Campground. Camping in the Equestrian Campground is open to Equestrian Campers year round. Non-Equestrian Campers choosing this campground must wait until 10 days before chosen arrival date to make a reservation. As always, all information is SUBJECT TO CHANGE without notice.
Click here to Reserve A Lodge Room/Cabin
Click here for Camping Reservations
Beneath the forested hills of this resort, nature has hidden more than 20 twisting caverns, where you'll discover a 30-foot underground waterfall, and many more surprises!
Click here to visit Carter Caves' Meeting site.
Tierney's Cavern Restaurant honors our most popular attraction, the caves and retired park Naturalist John Tierney. The restaurant seats 100 and accompanying the new name is a new menu that offers many appetizing selections.
As a supporter of Kentucky Proud program we utilize locally grown meats and produce when available. Our staff provides a friendly, warm atmosphere while giving professional service.
Regular Season Hours
Dates: April 15 – December 23
Sunday - Thursday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday and Saturday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday and Saturday night buffets will be determined based on business. Please call park to check.
Sunday lunch buffet 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
**Open until 9 p.m. Memorial Day Weekend through October 31.
Times and Meals are SUBJECT TO CHANGE without notice.
Off Season Hours
December 24 - April 14
Sunday - (Breakfast) FREE Continental Breakfast 7-10 a.m.* (Sunday Buffet) 11:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. (Dinner) 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Monday and Tuesday - CLOSED**
Wednesday - Closed for Breakfast and Lunch** (Dinner) 4-8 p.m.
Thursday through Saturday - (Breakfast) FREE Continental Breakfast 7-10 a.m.* (Lunch) 11:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. (Dinner) 4-8 p.m.
*Denotes a FREE continental breakfast for lodge and cottage guests will be served in the lobby of Lewis Caveland Lodge.
**Denotes that a Food Truck could be available depending on business in house.
ATTENTION: The restaurant will be open for Breakfast the weekend of Winter Adventure Weekend (WAW) January 25 - 27, 2019. Continental Breakfast will not be available.
Times and meals are SUBJECT TO CHANGE without notice.
Lunch and Dinner Menu
Winter Tour Dates
Nov. 26, 2018 - March 24, 2019
Spring Tour Dates
March 25 - May 24, 2019
The Carter County region has the highest concentration of caves to be found in any area of Kentucky. Two of the park’s caves offer guided tours year-round, Cascade Cave and X-Cave. Enjoy a subterranean adventure, created by nature over millions of years. Click here for additional cave tour information.
The hiking trail system at Carter Caves State Resort Park is an incredible place to explore. Hikers can expect to find arches, caves and swinging bridges out on the trail. With more than 26 miles of hiking trails to explore, there is plenty of ground to trek.
For more info on the best hiking in Kentucky click here.
Through the dedicated work of our state park naturalists, Kentucky State Parks protect and preserve the natural beauty of Kentucky.
Check out Carter Cave's Facebook page for more information.
Rappelling and Rock Climbing
Experienced rappellers and rock climbers can now self-guide their adventure activities. The location consists of a nice sandstone cliffline which provides a great 30–40 foot rappel or climb.
Rappelling and Rock Climbing Area Rules and Regulations
• Rappelling and climbing are permitted in this designated area only.
• Rappelling and climbing by permit only. (Permits to be completed at the front desk of the lodge.)
• Rappelling and top rope climbing are permitted.
• Sport routes or traditional climbing are not permitted.
• Setting bolts is not permitted.
• Rappellers and climbers must use pre-existing installed anchors for rigging.
• Trees may be used only as access line anchors to reach pre-existing installed bolts.
• Rope pads must be used when rigging trees.
• You may not rappel or climb on tree anchors.
• No rappelling or climbing alone.
• Area open during daylight hours only.
• You must return your permit after you leave the area.