Kentucky State Parks put the “special” in special events, celebrating everything from wildflowers in the spring to spectacular fall colors in the mountain and lake areas.
From Elk viewing tours to ghost walks or reenactments and living history events, there are weekends full of fun, free entertainment to create special memories with your family and friends. Search KY state parks below by date range or by park name to view a list of each individual park’s events and read about each one. You and the kids can pick out which destinations and events you want to enjoy, then start building your itinerary.
Latest on Coronavirus
• Kentucky State Parks are open. Some park facilities may close as a precaution.
• Kentucky State Parks is monitoring the latest information from the Governor’s Office and the Department of Public Health on the coronavirus outbreak. For more information, visit here.
• Parks are taking precautions with extra and more frequent cleaning, modifying food services by eliminating buffet meals, and removing tables and chairs to allow for more space between guests.
• Parks is directing employees to remain home if they are ill and to take other precautionary steps such as frequently washing hands.
• Some state park events may change due to the outbreak. Please call the park you plan to visit to check on the event status.